Tuesday, April 26, 2011

October 28, 2010 - Budget Gaming = Good

So , there are a lot of games out there now-a-days and in all honesty, It is very difficult not to get excited about the next great game. With so much coverage, strong previews and reviews, games are coming into the limelight, I can’t help but stop what I’m playing and go pick up the next one.

But, it wasn’t always this way. While in school, I never really had the money to buy everything, and so I stuck to the “must haves”. On occasion I’d get burned but most of the time I would have a great experience.

Now, being a working professional and an avid gamer. I find myself with much more disposable income, and that leads me to buying more games. Now, I run into an entirely different problem. I just don’t know what to play or i have a bunch of games left to finish. I currently have about 10+ downloadable games I have not yet beat and about 8 retail games left to play through before the holiday rush. This may not seem like a problem for some, but it is in fact a concern that I share with many other gamers. There is no one to blame but myself and it is a good problem to have. It is surprising to find that I had a better tolerance for poorer quality games in the past when I had to be so selective of what I bought. Now, if a game is really that bad, I just won’t play it.

Now, if you spend any time looking for a decent price on games, you can be blown away by the deals Kmart, Amazon ,Walmart, Best Buy, Target  and Gamestop are coming up with. B2G1 free? Who can pass that up! Now a days i guess it's just a lack of self-control or even just no clear plan of attack but again, it's not something I can get fired up about because it means the industry is still thriving and putting out quality games.

I was wondering who else is dealing with this same problem and what they are doing to solve it.

...I should also mention that i own all the current gen systems (and am asking for a PSP for christmas)

No comments:

Post a Comment